:P

Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Sad Little Bit of Irony"

I feel like I'm drowning
muffled screams do nothing
only a few fingers are left above the surface
once they go under,what once had been hope is gone forever
even while being weighted down by guilt,
and I swear I'm still trying to stay afloat,
others point,not for someone to save me
but to discuss how the situation was all my fault.

can somebody please explain to me exactly
what seeing this should make me think?
I start to believe that perhaps,actually,
it's funny for them to watch me sink.

in a strange way, I find it comforting
that they don't care if my life is lost..
yet if this is my final impression for the whole of humanity..
another statistic is gained to them,but I can only wonder at what cost.
The lack of oxygen may be catching me
but the saddest thing about this picture
is that even I,the victim,still know of empathy
and even in death, I am,for them,feeling pity

No comments: