:P

Friday, November 27, 2009

Yesterday I was reading about who the guy was who shot John Lennon,just to try to understand if he was crazy or what,and I read about the association between him and "The Catcher and the Rye",and how he saw John as being phony and advocating athiesm and having so much money while preaching to the poor.. And I wondered what he said in his music that could have conveyed that message,as John Lennon was a very peaceful guy... And then today,I happened to watch "Glee" for the first time and I heard the song "Imagine"... I had never heard it up until that point and I didn't know it was by John Lennon,but I instantly loved it,so I looked it up on youtube,and instantly I understood how the message could have been misconstrued... As the worst of the closed-minded could interpret his music;as an attack and insult,so unfortunate,because he even used the word "Imagine"... Can't you at least imagine? Imagine with me.....

No comments: