:P

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Interesting..

Well, today brought mixed feelings. I was happy because of the compliments I revieved in class for my playing in class, and on the judges' comments on the tapes from Saturday's competition; but I was sad because I learned that somebody I barely know apparently "hates" me. I never would have thought they had felt that way until my friend had said something, and they had been on good terms with me from my perspective. I don't dislike them because my friend told me this, but it makes me a little paranoid. How many others feel that way about me without even knowing me? What is it about me that leads them to make that judgement based on appearance?
...
I don't know. If I make judgements, people have given me alot of reason to think one way about them, or the other. I don't understand how people can..

...I don't understand hate in general. If somebody took from me the most important thing in my life, killed the person I loved most, or degraded/hurt me in the worst way possible, I would still not hate them. I would be upset, but I couldn't retain the feeling for a long period of time. That's just how I am. It's what some would consider a weakness, I suppose. But oh well, I don't care much. It serves me fine.

2 comments:

Notion said...

I don't consider it a weakness thats a strength that many lack, and to be able to weild that makes you unmovable, it keeps you detatched from this worlds darkside, i hate the word hate because it's so strong, i really don't see how people can use it honestly, but people pre judge others all the time i know i have and i really try not too because you never know who you can meet and so far staying like that has allowed me to meet some awesome people, but keep yo head up and brush the haters off yo shoulder

AwkwardGirl said...

yeah, I hadn't notices you're comment on that post of mine. You're right. Making generalizations about people before you meet them, or form opinions about people before you know them only shows you're ignorant. I'll admit, I also tend make judgements too quickly at times, and I'm working on that as well. As for racist stuff, it's pretty hard to genuinely be racist when you've been adopted into a family where each of the members is a different race, each of them is of mixed ethnicities.. but sometimes I'll make racist jokes in good humor, and mostly direct them at myself. If you can't make fun of yourself, you don't have a right to make fun of anyone, eh? It does worry me that someone supposedly "hated" me though.. I lose sleep and stress over what I could have done to make someone feel that way, and I reflect on all those mistakes I've made where I could've hurt someone on accident.. *sigh* But can you please explain to me what you meant exactly by "it keeps you detatched from this worlds darkside"? Do you mean the ignorant masses, or something else..?