:P

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Laughter and tears..

When people laugh at the idea of somebody who lost someone dear to them crying, I am hurt. We're all human, we all have people or things we have lost and life is a constant process of losing. I defended Mr. F when Bart mocked him for crying after somebody submitted a question as a cruel mockery(as he admitted during their conversation),"Have you ever lost somebody to alcoholism?" They knew, they KNEW he had and Mr. Fisher knew this. Did Barton not stop to think that perhaps he was crying because the students who plotted such a thing were disrespecting him, his friend, and flaunting their ignorance about how painful it can be to lose someone.. especially a friend. Was it out of spite or jealousy that they attacked him in this way, or were they completely "innocent" in their intent for a good laugh, or.. were they just plain malicious, wanting to make him cry. Each of these points, when reflected upon, are enough to tear open wounds, reawakening memories of days we've tried so hard not to relive.

I understand this, yet they don't want to. The only way they could learn.. is to be hurt on a personal level, and perhaps that would bring them out of their ego-centric behavior. People need to wake up and see life for what it is.. And they talk about Jesus.. do they even know what kind of things the Bible teaches or do they assume repentance comes on a whim. Do they lack a conscience because it was never given a foundation? How sheltered can people be and how arrogant is one to believe they are forever above that type of suffering? What can somebody do besides giving their life to open their eyes.. because I care about these people who cause each other so much more agony than would ever be necessary. I love these people despite the ways they can be so hateful and childish. I love these people because they are me and I am them and we will forever be connected by the fact of life;this universe in which we all reside, and I would give anything to,in the end, allow everything to turn out alright. If only they would let love not be unrequited from me, cast away their pride, look me in the eyes, and open their hearts. Maybe they're scared that this would be too hard, but I have faith in them despite their sins and I know life is a constant struggle to see its light. Inside of each of us is a different song and we're given a different path to walk along, and I guess we'll end in our own pace.. I just hope they'll one day stop thinking life's a race, because we will all inevitably reach that end, but until then, these people I'll continue to defend since I've moved past neutrality because it gives life no beauty to see. Beauty is all around us; there's no second when it doesn't surround us. We just need to learn to see it, know it, live it, and breathe it. When people learn to value this, only then will their lives finally have true purpose.

No comments: